This is a photo of our old, very narrow, constantly flooded and covered in rubble front path.
It’s one of the things that has constantly bugged me about this house. When ever I pull up on the drive way a little sigh escapes me as I contemplate herding my gaggle of unruly children into the house. Especially as I am often encumbered by numerous beloved creations and an over tired baby meaning I don’t have a free hand to catch the child that inevitably looses their footing and crashes down on the battered pavement.
But no longer HA HA I have conquered the front of house menace!!! I HAVE THE POWER!!!
We raised the level to the bottom step and put in a lot of drainage gravel. Luckily it poured with rain the whole time we were working on it so we got to test our flood prevention theories as we worked, hmm.
The pavers were imitation coble stones stuck onto a backing mat so they are easier to lay.
Easier is always fine by me (Shhh don’t tell Dad) They were also clearance stock at Bunning’s and way cheaper than anything else we looked at. Don’t ya just love a bargain.
Home schooling at its most hands on. The kids had been so fascinated watching the professionals laying pavers next door so I had to let them give it a try. In fact they had a go at every stage in the whole process, so we can blame then if the end product is dodgy.
Lilly tripping up the stairs, sometimes there’s just no helping that girl.
The finished path. So far it doesn’t flood and is wide enough for as to all get around, I don’t think there’s a path in the world Lilly wouldn’t fall over on though.
To make the curve I cut the backing mat and fanned out the cobbles. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the left over mountain of sand and gravel we have on the driveway, apparently our estimation skills need a little work.